View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #67
Strawhatrr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267395
Chapter/Region: South East

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpstercrusher View Post
Love the bag setups and if I can I'm tryna get a kit this summer. What happens when you have some sort of leak in one of the lines and your 200+ miles away from your home, can you still drive it knowing its sagging on that side?? Doesn't have to be 200+ it can be whatever number you want it to be. I know the bag systems are reliable, I just have that illustration in my mind if something were to go wrong with one of the sides and lose air, what would you do. Mine would be on my daily driver of course.
I have had some great experiences with this already. haha
I've cut a line more times than I want to admit, and
I've blown a bag about 5 miles from home, which might as well be 200!

On my particular bag setup, the fronts suspension acts very independently of one another. If one side is totally aired up, the other side will still sit on my axle/wheel.
The back however, is different. If one side is aired up totally, the other side comes up as well.

So of course my front bag blew.
My bag setup is adjustable, so I actually spun the strut body all the way up, to the point where I could drive it home.
Multiple VW friends of mine have coilovers as spares, just incase they get stranded far away from home. I actually went out and bought 2 front coilovers, and I also have an extra front bag.
Also, you should always have female to female connectors and a bunch of air line!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Strawhatrr is offline   Reply With Quote