View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Dan707
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 213282

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXTRunner View Post
Sounds similar to my engine swap fun.
Did you remove the slave cylinder and compress the pin in with a c-clamp then bleed it while the bleeder valve was kept as the highest part on the slave? This made the difference for me. I bled mine twice THAN read the manual to find the proper method. :-) Oh by the way, I did pull my motor a second time before i figured this out. LOL

I suggest getting another pair of hands to help bleed. Do it the old fashion way too. Use the pedal, be sure whoever is pushing on the pedal gives it some pumps then holds the pedal down while you relieve the bleeder. This worked best. If the pedal stays down towards the floor, reach down and pull it up. Should only have to do it once or twice before it comes back up by itself.
Hi I'm having same issue just did new clutch kit install last sunday and engagement is a bit hard, we did bleed the clutch but the clutch pedal was staying down.
FXTRunner can you please some more details about the way you bleed it? I'm lost 'Did you remove the slave cylinder and compress the pin in with a c-clamp then bleed it while the bleeder valve was kept as the highest part on the slave?"

I have 1999 jdm STi Ra.
Thanks in advance,

Dan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dan707 is offline   Reply With Quote