Old 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #21
Moore Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 231489
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobanaught View Post
Please forgive my lack of knowledge on this product, but how involved would the installation be? I'd be all in for this alternative if it helps hold power without the cost of the other alternatives of different gearsets or new trannys.

Installation is fairly straight forward, and involves only 8 bolts (easy to see when we post photos). The Blast Plates will help increase the strength of any 5 speed transmission, and we are testing to failure right now in two cars (stock gears and Moore Performance gears) to find out exactly when and how a gearset will break in real world conditions with the Blast Plates installed.

Edit: I was just reviewing this with my design guy and he said that he is pretty certain the trans will have to be removed from the car to complete the install. This is due to the length of the bolts that join the transmission together and they will most likely not clear the trans tunnel. The prototypes were installed with the transmission out of the car. We will verify these details.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pittsburgh, Pa 15205

Phone - 412-951-6493

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Moore Performance; 04-18-2012 at 10:04 AM.