Scooby Newbie

Member#: 78485
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 STi
AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
there is a new turn of events, had the car towed to a body shop where it will be getting repaired, called his insurance to get an appraiser on his end out to see the car only to find out that he had the state minimum coverage of 5k. my car was appraised at 11k in damages, and that's before they got into and the appraiser said the price should go up 20-50% from that. so looks like my insurance is going to have to fix this. i honestly don't know how this turn of events will get worse at this point. oh and the bumper got messed up going up the tow truck, but they are fixing that...

/rant. i'm going to drive this corolla off a cliff.
Don't sweat it. Your insurance will go after his insurance company, and him for whatever they don't cover.

He doesn't get off scott-free under an "Oops, not enough insurance, sorry!" clause. His insurance will pay whatever the amount his coverage is for, and he will be responsible for the rest.

Call your insurance company. Stop worrying and fretting and driving yourself crazy over this. You pay them every month specifically to HANDLE SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR YOU.

Also, suing someone is civil, not criminal. You can sue for whatever you want. I'm not advocating it, and I'm not implying you will win, but you could easily sue him for mental distress.

But call your insurance. Let them do what you pay them to do.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.