Scooby Guru

Member#: 1134
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 BMW 328xi wagon
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocellaris View Post
Ive been driving around a `12 Impreza and the more I drive it, the more I want a Legacy. I really like the Impreza for the most part, I just wish it was a bit larger, quieter, and had a bit more power. The `13 Legacy should fit the bill perfectly now that they fixed the body roll and are no longer using the old EJ engine design.
I can appreciate that for sure, though I'd actually say I'm in the reverse situation. I own a 2005 LGT Limited, SWP with black interior. Great car, and I love it, but I really miss owning a hatchback, and it's been many years since I had one (late '90s). Plus, though I love my car's power, these days I have no time to tinker with cars and mod them, so frankly I'd be perfectly content with a 2012 Impreza Sport, definitely in hatch form. Probably 5MT even though the CVT gets slightly better mileage. I really like the '12 Impreza, at least from the front. The rear's a little too funky, but overall I think it's an improvement over the 2008-2011 model.

Plus, my LGT has 128K on the ticker, and of course older cars (especially turbo models) need more attention. Mine's been quite reliable, no issues in the four years I've owned it really, but there's always that nagging "what if?"

Y'know I really do wonder if Subaru will bring back the Legacy wagon. Though, for that to happen, they'd really have to separate the Legacy and Outback lines, and not just in name (as they have been, now). The Legacy would need a lower roofline, which costs money on the production line. It's very wishful thinking, but it'd be ideal to have the Legacy be shorter and a little slimmer, but still have a wagon or fastback option. With Subaru's budget, it won't happen, HOWEVER there is a resurgence of wagons in the USA. So there's hope for something....perhaps.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote