View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
SZRimaging
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 314053
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Marine Blue Pearl

Default Beginning to rethink my order....

So I have a blue 2012 Impreza Premium on order (with the winter package). I just test drove a 2012 Focus, and am beginning to question if the Impreza is the right choice.

The Impreza is AWD and has a higher ground clearance. Not sure on handling in the wet/less than desirable conditions, but on dry it didn't handle too much better than the Focus (having only done a test drive and not pushing them through the corners too hard). The Impreza also strikes me as a safer car.

The Focus has a nicer interior, between the engine and transmission it felt peppier/sportier, it's cheaper by a few grand, has nicer electronics, and much less noise in the cabin. I also think the seats were just a bit more comfortable. I should note, I drove a sedan without the sport package, and am looking at a hatch with the sport package.

Both have heated seats, so the point is moot. I do live on b-roads in Northern Michigan, so the AWD and ride height can make a difference. But for the payment difference, I should be able to afford to throw on some decent snow tires and steel wheels for the winter on the Focus.

So basically, sell me on why I should be keeping the Subaru I have on order instead of switching (at no penalty to me) to the Focus.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SZRimaging is offline   Reply With Quote