italia490
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308742
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorz4 View Post
Have been following the upgrades you are doing to your '12 impreza. I recently received my '12 impreza myself and its great to see the mods you have completed. Have you looked into installing a short ram or cold air intake?
Thanks for the compliments.

I have looked into an aftermarket intake and have also spoken with the guys at EFI Logics and Cobb So Cal. To get the most out of installing an aftermarket setup, you should really get the car tuned. The problem here is that our cars cannot currently be tuned. Will that change....? I'd like to think so but from what I have seen most of the attention goes to the turbo models. Right now the only option would be to go with standalone engine management like MOTEC, Haltech or Megasquirt with preference towards MOTEC and Haltech. Cobb recommended MOTEC or Haltech because they have a great deal of functionality and support. With that being said the factory airbox is pretty decent and from what I can tell looks to be the same dimensionally with 08+WRX. So my plan is to throw in a drop in filter, maybe a Cosworth or Blitz dry filter. I'd stay away from the oiled ones as they tend to foul the sensors. I am going to swap out the intake tube for something custom. I just haven't decided on the material.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
italia490 is offline   Reply With Quote