italia490
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308742
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsatin View Post
Just out of curiosity, you said you wanted to do a wrx engine swap down the line, why not just start off with a Wrx instead?

Keep on modding the car and hopefully there will be a bigger aftermarket support.
That's a great question. I did look at the WRX and Legacy GT and financially it didn't make sense. I wasn't going to settle for anything other then a Subaru so the Impreza make good sense. I have several goals in mind with this car and ultimately I am after the "sleeper" look. There are several exterior mods that I will be doing like roof spoiler, side skirts, front lip and possibly some type of body mods (to remain under wraps for now) as well as suspension work and wheels but I want to preserve the original look of the car. I'd say I am pretty resourceful and since the aftermarket for our cars is poor at best, the purpose of my build is to show that with a little ingenuity and research you can set out to achieve what you want regardless of the aftermarket support. And who knows, maybe the aftermarket will realize that even though are cars don't have turbos, there is still a desire to mod them and consequently develop parts....as in the case with rallisport racing for the UEL headers.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
italia490 is offline   Reply With Quote