View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #254
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 126901
2010 WRX 5 Door

Originally Posted by boost-o-matic View Post
In light of the fact that it sounds as though the part has changed for the '08+ WRX's, here's my ?

I have a 2010 WRX and am being told that the OEM BPV or BOV(whatever your preference) leaks at around 17-18 psi. Is this true? Looking to get my car custom tuned soon and want to know if I need to upgrade this part or not prior to tuning. Also need to determine if running the OEM intercooler on my 2010 is going to be okay at 18-19psi. Hearing stuff about the plastic endtanks not withstanding boost much beyond 18psi. I don't ever plan on running high boost(race fuel), but do want to have a 93 octane map made which will wiststand an additional psi over 91 octane. I will be daily driving on 91. Don't really want to spend another $850 upgrading the BOV and i/c as I'm planning to keep the stock turbo, but just add things like EL headers, up-pipe, intake and EBCS to compliment my TBE and AP.

Anyone pressure tested the OEM BOV in the '08+ to see where it starts leaking? Did this on the eclipse I used to have and the OEM unit held to 23 psi. I gave a way my turbo pressure tester with the last car when i sold it. Guess I could always make another one.
I have exactly the same question, same car, same mods... don't want to waste $175 on a new bpv if I don't have to... anyone?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote