Scooby Newbie

Member#: 208653
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2004 V-Limited
Spec C

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewhitewagon View Post
Where in Japan are you? I've had 4 sets of KWs now, never a clunk when installed properly. All of the top hats you tried were new? What nut are you using for the top? How are you tightening the nut for the top hat? I've used them with stock and CUSCO top hats, neither to make a clunk.

I get this feeling because you have an 04STI that your rear wheel bearings are worn...
I'm in Tokyo. The first top hat i used were used from my Arai suspension. Then I went to buy the cusco ones and the sound is still there, then i went to car do tachikawa and bought a oem sti top hat and a group n top hat brand new.

We used a strap wrench as recommended by Tom Edge from KW. tried 2 torque specs, which is 26lbs and 41lbs and nope nothing is working. Tried removing the sway bars , retorque the end links and nope nothing is working.

Also, the rear wheels bearing were done when I went for my last inspection. Changed all of the wheel bearings and it's not even 100miles. So I don't think its a problem with the bearings.

I have spent well over 8hrs per day x 3 day worth of labour with the parts purchased and it gets on me really alot to see that nothing is working..

Im sorry for venting but hope you people can understand that, after spending 2.4k on these coilovers and almost $800 on the brand new top hats and $75x8x3= 1.8k on labour for 3 days to figure out this problem. I don't really feel like continuing rectifying this problem no more especially after spending 5.8k on these coilovers alone..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by jjasonn; 04-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.
jjasonn is offline   Reply With Quote