View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #1864
xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Also, I picked up a used Tsudo Quad Tip exhaust today. It was in great shape overall. Here are some photos:

Overall, it seems OK for the money. The materials and welds all looked good. Getting the muffler section on to the y-pipe section wasn't too bad, but it didn't line up perfectly (the bolts do tighten down and the gaskets don't leak. The midpipe is a very close fit to the heat shield and the actual driveshaft. The flange looks like it could contact the heat shield but I haven't noticed any noise. The midpipe was hammered in by the previous owner to add additional clearance to the driveshaft. I haven't heard it hit.

Getting it onto the hangers was a tight fit, but it all went on fine. The sound is noticeably louder and much deeper than the stock exhaust I had on there. After driving around, it is actually pretty quiet for an aftermarket exhaust. I would say it's quite a bit quieter than the Q300 when cruising. The exhaust note is very low. Probably the lowest I've had on any of my setups.

This exhaust is pretty cheap and has reports of fitment issues, but it seems to fit OK for me, and the 3" pipes look great. Hopefully it increases flow compared to my stock exhaust. The sound is quite nice, but it is louder than stock (as expected). It is probably quieter than SPT (or similar) and definitely quieter than the Q300. Overall it seems very livable, but we'll see what the wife thinks. If she doesn't like it, it will be up for sale!

Video coming soon!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote