Member#: 3102
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Ice Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsub

ha: thanks for the encouragement

i've done some basic stereo installs usually using existing factory wiring so i have less experience snaking wires around from the front to rear of a car from scratch.

i'm ok with electrical connections in general (i've done tons of stuff in other sort of adventures unrelated to car stereo --although, i'm a poor solderer in general, but i do a passable job or can get a friend who is better at such things)

anyway, just to clarify a few things:

from what i gather from you posts, there are three wire runs needed to get this to work. the only one i can picture is the set of wires giving power/signal/switch (to turn on from reverse circuit already in HU) connected via the 8pin harness from the HU all the way back to the camera itself. how many physical wires from this harness make their way back to the camera? all 8?

are the additional two bundles? is there extra power needed for the camera's LED light to work? do you some how splice off power from some of the other factory lights in the hatch? i would think that you wouldn't want any power going to the camera unless your were in reverse.

sorry if these questions are unclear or i've missed the obvious...
1. Camera is powered through a 12v source, i chose to tap into the reverse light on the drivers side, snaking the wire up the C-pillar to the rubber tunnel at the top of the hatch, and to the camera (orange wire is 12v+ on the harness. Black is - )
2. The camera was meant to replace a license plate illumination, since it will not work like that on my car, i also tied that into the reverse power. The draw is negligible, so i didn't bother with a new circuit.
3. The only wire that goes to the radio is the yellow AV cable, that is easy to run along the floor, and door sills.
4. The 8 pin connector from SVXdc has the AV input and a ground, the spade on the ground should be put under a screw on the side of the stereo.
The reverse signal is being sent to the radio already, the ground just completes the circuit and puts the radio into camera mode automatically when you put the car in reverse.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BrysImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote