View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #438
iiibbb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 227273
Vehicle:
7&11 Imprez$Forester

I have a 2007 Impreza 2.5i. For the life of me I cannot get the car to go into program mode. Is there some special way one needs to turn the key. Should the key be in the ignition when I open and close the door?

The stupid dealership wants to charge me $50 per remote just to program them because I already have a couple of used remotes... since I spent a ghastly amount of money having non-transponder keys cut- I couldn't let myself knowing there was a manual way that I hadn't gotten working yet.

EDIT-----

This is an apparent variant of the instructions widely distributed. This worked on a 2007 Impreza 2.5i

1) Make sure everything is shut (same as other instruction).
2) Get in, sit down, shut door (same as other instruction).
3) Open and shut door (same as other)
4) Put key in Ignition and turn key from "lock" to "on" 10 times, and finish in "lock" (slightly different from described)
- no tones or flashing lights occur as described
5) Open and shut door
- a faint tone is heard
6) Enter numbers as directed. Push lock the number of times that equals the value, then unlock between each digit.
- a tone is heard for each press
7) After <unlock> of last digit of the first sequence, hit unlock an additional time.
- tone flutters
8) Reenter sequence.
- tone for each press
9) for additional remotes or to push other codes out skip to 9a)
10) Open and shut door
- long tone
11) Remove ignition key

9a) Open and shut door
9b) Enter first sequence as described above
9c) After <unlock> of last digit of the first sequence, hit unlock an additional time.
9d) Reenter sequence.
9e) Continue to step 10 or 9a

Your mileage may vary - but that's what worked for me after a frustrating afternoon. I got my hint here http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...tructions.html that the process may deviate from the description... and dumb luck opening and shutting the door when the lights weren't blinking.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by iiibbb; 05-04-2012 at 04:41 PM.
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote