radd269
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 261241
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2014 C63 AMG
Black

Uh...........

This thread has taken a downhill turn lol. I'm going to put things back into prespective:

1. I agree with BOTH SIDES. Originally I purchased an Impreza, realizing 2 months later, I wouldve been happier with a WRX. I had looked into swapping before, but didnt seriously research it until my impreza motor blew. (if there was a time to swap a motor, that was it, for sure.) People say to just sell your car and buy the wrx, but with a blown engine, that's hard to do. the amount of money I put into the swap would have been the same if I had bought a WRX from the start, anyway.

2. In regards to the other comments, Yes, It was very rewarding. to complete a swap like that, after blood, sweat and tears, was awesome. Putting the key in the ignition and driving my new found beauty for the first time was one of the happiest moments I've had in my short car ownership history. The car felt like a new animal, faster, more nimble, and way more fun to drive.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, just know that a lot has to be done to swap a car from a impreza to a WRX. If you feel like ponying up 6-8k (or even more depending on what your trying to accomplish) for a complete swap, then it's totally worth it in my opinion. If not, well...... tough cookies. Doing anything related to modding a car can get expensive.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
radd269 is offline   Reply With Quote