View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #444
cboettch
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 301752

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiibbb View Post
No horn of flashing lights for me... the standard programing method didn't work either...

...see my most directly above. Worth a try. There seems to be some variability.
iiibbb
Thanks ever so much for finding these crazy voodoo instructions and posting them. This was very well timed. I've just programed a new remote (on the 2nd try) using this write up (after not being able to do it following the factory instructions??) on my '07 2.5i.

I had purchased the car last fall with only one remote and the lock button did not work. So after purchasing a new remote on line. I attempted to program it. Well after hours of frustrating failure (nothing after 10x on/lock), I discovered, here, on another post that apparently the chirp/buzzer had to be functioning in order for the programing to work. Until then I did not know there was a chirp, because mine didn't work. So I left it for the winter, and today once again following this thread http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608657&page=17 I got my chirp working, only to find I still could not get any further in the steps.

Of course now that the remote is working I've turned the chirp off. Just wonder now if I really needed it to be functioning in order to program the remote.

And why the heck does this method work and not the one in the owners manual??

Thanks again
Chris
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cboettch is offline   Reply With Quote