Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #42
Vostok 7
Scooby Guru
Member#: 30209
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Do you need to
read this in Braille?

Originally Posted by sn13 View Post
Please. V6 Ecoboost. RWD (Or AWD based on RWD platform) 300 HP, 35mpg. 3300 lbs.

I'm in.
No AWD. Adds weight, decreases handling (by adding understeer). IRS is all they need, considering a Boss 302 with its mild engine and suspension tweaks can best an M3 around Laguna Seca, just imagine what they could do with IRS and its naturally better handling dynamics.

Originally Posted by speedyHAM View Post
Ford doesn't make a V6 Ecoboost with only 300 hp. Mine has 365, and if they dropped it in the Mustang, I'd hope they would get at least 400 hp and near 500 ft-lbs out of it.

That would make for a fun Mustang.
They would only be doing that if they were dropping the V8 for some reason. Considering how much time and money are in the Coyote, how long it's been on the market, and how relatively future-proof it is (it's already direct-injection ready), I don't see them replacing the 5.0 in the Mustang with an Ecoboost 6 any time soon.

I could see them doing three levels, an Ecoboost 4 "Eco" model to compete with the sportier Eco friendly market, bumping the current V6 by a few horsepower to make a mid-range "budget racer" and then the V8 GT top-end. Dump the GT500 in favor of making a proper Corvette/Viper beating Halo with a more competitive price than the Ford GT had.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vostok 7 is offline   Reply With Quote