NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 692
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 Grand Cherokee
Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
That's true but a simple car and a performance car are no the same thing. One offers far more fun. Sure I will agree that passion is usually the reason we buy one car over another. But it would seem there is no real reason to buy an Electric RAV 4 when a gas powered one will perform identically and cost half as much. It's like your choosing to pay twice as much for the same or really less performance. You can drive a regular rav 4 across the country.

Still it's your money and if electric vehicles get you off and make you smile then plug in and smile!

I love to drive a 42 year old car with triple weber carbs!
An electric car does not drive the same as a gas car. It's got a much different powerband and is much quieter. Don't forget you never have to go to a gas station and it needs next to no maintenance so limited dealer trips too. It's the ultimate appliance car if you don't need the extra range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX WRX View Post
I dont give a **** about gas mileage. I think someone who would spend $50,000 on an electric mini-SUV would, though, and i was pointing out how foolish it is.

The only way i could see it being a good deal is if you put a crap-ton of mileage on a car every year, but then the 100 mile range wouldnt be very convenient in that scenario.
Considering you drive the most impractical mass market sedan on the planet I find your position laughable.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote