The last step to getting this all to work is to program the remote to work with the car. The steps for all models can be found here:
Please FULLY read through the instructions before you start. If you do not do it correctly it can be quite frustrating. It looks like a long process (and it kind of is), but once you do it, it is actually fairly simple. Here is the short version that explains only what you need to do if everything goes right. *This is for the 05+ models, older models have a more simple programming sequence which can be found at the link above*
The 8 digit code needed for programming is on the small label included with the Legacy remote.
1. Close all doors, trunk, gate
2. Open the driver’s door, sit in the driver’s seat, and close the door.
3. Perform the following steps within 45 seconds.
(1) Open and close the driver’s door once.
(2) Insert the key into the ignition switch, then turn it from the “LOCK” position to the “ON” position 10 times within 10 seconds (must be done very quickly).
NOTE: When you complete step (2), an electronic tone will sound once.
4. Open and close the door once within 15 seconds, an electronic tone will sound for 30 seconds.
5. Before the electronic tone stops sounding, press the lock side of the power door lock switch the same number of times as the leftmost digit of the transmitter code. For example, press the lock switch eight times if the leftmost digit of the code is 8.
NOTE . The electronic tone will stop sounding when you start entering the number.
6. When you have finished entering the number, press the unlock side of the lock switch within 5 seconds.
NOTE . An electronic tone will sound.
7. Perform parts 5 and 6 of the procedure for each of the remaining digits of the transmitter code beginning with the second digit (counting from the left) and finishing with the eighth digit.
NOTE When you finish entering the eighth digit, an electronic tone will sound for 30 seconds.
8. Before the electronic tone stops sounding, use the power door lock switch to reenter the transmitter code beginning with the leftmost digit.
9. When you have finished entering the code a second time, an electronic tone will sound for 1 second to indicate completion of registration, provided the code entered the second time is identical to that entered the first time.
10. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
11. Test transmitter to confirm correct operation.