Today I started to work on the dash pod to get it ready for the new gauges next week.
It's a work in progress but since I'm not going to be able to do it all in one day I will update the thread as I go along.
The finished result should be a smooth Alcantara wrapped pod with three 60mm gauges that fits tight onto the dash.
Here is what they send you... Remember this is supposed to be a complete fitting pod out of the box. Hmmmmmmmmm, I think not
Here is the rubber top that I'm peeling off to get to solid plastic to work with.
Here is the rubber top removed, tons of residue to clean off.
I used a wire wheel on a drill to rip the rubber off quickly.
After it was removed I sanded it down using 120 grit, then 220
This is where I'm at now, got it ready to use the heat gun to re-form the pod to really fit the dash like it should have came from ATI.
That's it for the weekend though, I'm heading to NY for Mothers day and I'll continue once I get back, lot more to do to this one...