View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 AM   #2
westsideguy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 319112

Quote:
Originally Posted by lccl View Post

Two days later I turned it on for the hell of it. Put it into first gear and voila it went in and I didn't seem to hear anything out of the ordinary. I was able to shift from first to second no problem with the car on (but stationary). However, I let off the clutch a tad in first (to get it to roll forward) and was met with another bad grinding sound and quickly turned it off. Now when I turn it on at all, there is a grinding sound coming from the engine, no matter if its in gear or not.
When you said that you were able to shift it into first to second with the car on and you are STATIONARY?! with the car on?! Please clarify what you said. I would say it sounds like a synchro problem in the tranny. You say that there is a grinding sound coming from the "engine"? I don't recommend starting it, but when you have, did you notice the sound would go away with the clutch pedal pushed in? Heavy clutch/strange feeling clutch? Based off of most of what you have said, I do not think that there is an engine problem here, but possibly a transmission problem or clutch assembly problem. I know that pulling the tranny on the car will be quite a bit, but that's something i'm positive will have to be done at least with the labor costs and what not. I hope it all works out my friend.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
westsideguy is offline   Reply With Quote