Scooby Newbie

Member#: 166490
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo29er View Post
Sorry if this was asked, I read through and didn't see it.

Can the middle console USB plug work for this system or are u required to use the pioneer USB?

Is there a stock microphone in the car that can be used to prevent extra floating devices?

Thanks for the insightful thread, may upgrade to this hu with the money I can save installing myself.
You can not use the OEM console USB. You will need to run the Pioneer USB to that location and it will require modification. Namely some dremeling to the plate where the OEM USB and AUX inputs mount to make the Pioneer inputs fit. If you chose later to go back to stock, you would need to get a new OEM center console liner. Just depends on what you think about that if you decided to ever trade the car in or sell it. I have mine run to the glove box and moved some of my glove box "stuff" to the center console. Wasn't crazy about it at first but I rarely have to get in there for anything.

As said, you can't use the stock mic. You can use the stock mic location with the pioneer mic if you choose to go through the trouble. Might not be worth the hassle though. I mounted mine to the headliner above the rearview mirror.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ying is offline   Reply With Quote