View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
lccl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 210295
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideguy View Post
When you said that you were able to shift it into first to second with the car on and you are STATIONARY?! with the car on?!
Yes, the car running, but not moving. I started it up with my foot on the clutch and just put it into first gear, and it went in fine. Then, while just sitting there put it into second just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideguy View Post
I don't recommend starting it, but when you have, did you notice the sound would go away with the clutch pedal pushed in? Heavy clutch/strange feeling clutch?
I haven't started it since it started making that noise even in neutral. But no, the noise did not go away with the clutch pushed in, and the clutch feels 100% normal.

I was hoping it was a clutch issue because less $ to fix. However talking to a mechanic I've been to he thinks the tranny ***** out on me since the clutch seems to feel fine and not out of the ordinary at all. I still haven't been able to get it to a shop because with carpooling with my girlfriend I really haven't had time. This sucks because if it's a tranny, i'm looking at quite a big bill on a car with almost 300k miles.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lccl is offline   Reply With Quote