OP thanks for the write up! I just finished my install and wanted to let everyone know what helped and not helped.
1. Installing the LEDs was pretty simple except for the fact Subaru sent me a defective bolt. (Threading wouldn't screw through the supplied kit nut.)
2. New to interior installs, so was afraid to start removing the radio trim. Found this video to help (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t=PICT0001.mp4
). Unfortunately, I couldn't find something to wedge in between the trim and dash.
3. I ended up using this video to remove the entire front trim (
). As I was closing in on the radio trim it became much harder to pop out, maybe since their is a tighter curve at this point. I was able to get some of my hand fully behind the trim and push outward instead of holding the top and bottom of the trim (afraid of snapping the piece, I'm sure I would have been fine either way). Toward the last few snaps the center console came out with the trim.
4. Once the front trim and air duct was removed popping the cubby light out and running the supplied kit wires was simple. (Not sure how people do this without removing the radio trim.)
5. Test your lights before reinstalling the radio trim.
6. In the end I did not have to remove the center console, there seemed to be enough space to work with.
Again, thank you for the great write up!