View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
toneh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 317065
Thumbs down

Mmm I see what you mean , I can check the Af on closed loop but I know open is a different kettle of fish , if it was running rich enough to create bore wash would it not show at least in closed , the base fuel map , latency , ect are pretty linear no big adjustments or jumps to correct any running issues I've made even and small adjustments across the board and I would expect a worrying level overfueling to manifest its self in other ways , ie , bogging , flat spots , smell , smoke. , I have nothing to go on that's giving me cause for concern ,other than its running better than I anticipated
If I didn't know I had mapped it and purchased it as it is now I'd be none the wiser and just think it was a nice modded car
The only reason I'm asking is I've heard so much about my cars doing this and my cars doing that after a tune or map it just seems a little to easy
Is there somthing I'm missing or somthing I Can check because I've got no issues , a tuner has even said a wideband on a dyno is of use but if I'm planning on using it on the road to log ect I would still not get a perfect reading because I can't get constant driving conditions ( but it would give me a good idea)
I come from I suppose what is classed as old school , tune by driving , general feel , performance and common sense , don't start winding everything up to the max ,
I don't know what to say , all I can think is if it's not right I'm sure it would show somewhere , I've never used wb on any car or motor ive built (turbo or n/a) and never had a problem , but there's always a first time for everything
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
toneh is offline   Reply With Quote