View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #266
taejin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318541
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Never got an answer, but I went ahead and installed it and it seems to be working fine. Great write up! I read over it a few times and it made the install pretty quick. I too am a little OCD, so I definitely appreciate the thorough write up w/ great pics.

*note, for anyone else doing this.. if you use the same spot to mount the boost sensor, be mindful that there some small square ish nuts on both sides of that radiator hose clamp. I lost one side because I though they were fitted in. Had to end up using an 8-32 size nut on the end.

Also being that it was a coolant hose and seemed to be pretty hot, I spaced the boost sensor as far away from that bolting spot as possible (i used an extended bolt with a few washers/nuts to give it a little more space.

Also another option instead of having to take out the alternator - I picked up a set of crows foot wrenches and used an extension (read this somewhere along all the research I was doing.. so can't remember where, otherwise i would give them credit) to uninstall/install the oil sensor without messing around with the alternator. Wasn't aware of a crows wrench.. but as soon as i googled I went to autozone to pick up a set and it worked perfectly.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
taejin is offline   Reply With Quote