Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289063
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2015 STi Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarowe

Hey NSBcruiser- I have been looking to get this shift knob as well to complement the leather shift and e-brake boots that I installed. Do you like the quality of this knob (feel, weight,etc). Also- did it fit properly for you '10 WRX?
I love the knob, quality leather, perfect fit, and matches great. It makes the stock knob feel cheap, especially the plastic shift pattern on the stock knob. This knob has the shift pattern impressed in the leather.

The fit on my 2010 couldn't be better, the boot retainer fit perfect, great factory look (it is a Subaru part after all)

However, it is about 1/2 as heavy as the stock knob (I was surprised how heavy the stock knob was). That did change the feel when you shift, you have to give it a little more effort, but that did help with the side to side slop (center of gravity is lower now). Also, it is a little bit smaller overall.

I'm going to throw in a Kart Boy STS in with upgraded linkage bushings as soon as my other leather parts arrive, so I think the weight difference will go unnoticed once installed.

I'll grab some pictures ASAP and post them up to show the fit and finish. The baseball type red stitching gives you a nice grip on it also that stock photo doesn't give that knob any justice. The red stitching stands out more and us more exposed than in that picture.

It was expensive to get it from Japan to NY, but to me worth every penny, it will really finish off my interior (I'm going for "what it should have come like from the factory"...ie: it would be hard to tell that there are non-factory parts installed).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NSBcruiser is online now   Reply With Quote