Scooby Newbie

Member#: 158925
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
12' Sport LTD
MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorz4 View Post
Do you plan on upgrading to the FX-R or are you happy with the DS2? I was thinking that if you have the mini Morimoto projectors installed then you dont have to cut the shroud to fit into the headlight housing, as compared to the FX-R which is larger. What im trying to get at here is do you think if I get the FX-R, will I have to customize the shroud to make it fit, or are the DS2 and FX-R gatling gun shroud the same size?
Shrouds (gatling gun, iris, etc.) are covers for the physical projector and will fit different size projectors differently. The retrofit source guys can point you in the right direction on which one will ultimately fit the application you select.

I went with the D2S setup after reading JDMSTA's comparison/reviews of them compared to the mini H1's. I am fairly well off when it comes to modding vehicles so the amount of trimming needed for installing these shouldn't be of much trouble at all. The D2S's will be more than enough to fill my needs, as I am pairing them with HIR high beams, and will probably never feel the need to upgrade these any further to the FX-R's.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
06SE is offline   Reply With Quote