Thanks Sir Alex!

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 GMC Sierra
'13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzarBoxerXt View Post
Something to add to the sticky that I found out the hard way. 08+ Sti rear rotors are slightly different than 05+ Sti rear rotors. If you attempt to install them on 05+ the rotor will sit in the caliper by about 1/4in off center.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1529797

That info would go here. You can probably PM jamal and see if he has time to update his first post in that thread with the info so everyone finds it at the start of the thread instead of the end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ-61 Skorpionking View Post
I am new to this site and I am upgrading my brakes to a true free floating design I came up with. I'm using brembo rotors with AP racing six pistons in front and four pistons on rear. By the way I have a stock 2004 wrx. I machined the bells out of 7075 aluminum and the bracket is 6061 aluminum. I will be installing this setup for a track day event next weekend. I believe this will provide me with superior fade resistance, a solid pedal feel as well as even pad wear.
Are the chosen calipers designed for the Impreza platform? If not I'd be very concerned for front to rear braking bias. If they aren't designed for the car you could risk putting too much braking force to the rear wheels. When you get the rear end light under braking it'll be more prone to lock up and spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captianinsano View Post
i have an 01 rs with 02 oem wrx brakes in the front with napa blank rotors and napa adaptive 1 pads and they stop great they do work better once youve stoped someone hard a few times 1st but they have a "good sticky" feel to them
Did you bed the pads in properly once installed? Most, if not all, pads need a bit of a bedding procedure to transfer some pad material onto the surface of the rotor to increase bite/friction. Otherwise, depending on what kind of pads they are, some types/materials need to get up to a minimum temp before they get into their working range. Track pads are this way. They work bettet once they've warmed up a couple hundred degrees.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote