View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #48
SENZA PARI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300779
Vehicle:
'09 Subaru Forester
Blackout

So after replacing my engine (stock SOHC) in my '09 Forester, there was no ignition whatsoever. Basically as if the clutch pedal we not depressed. Starter works fine, and all fuses are good. There was no wiring modifications done of any sort, I simply removed the engine wiring harness, plugged it back into the new motor, and then back into the body harness (one giant plug).
Everything I've read suggested it was in vehicle immobilization mode, and would require an ECU reset/reprogrammed, so I towed it into Bergstrom yesterday to have the ECU reprogrammed...
I just got a call today saying that there is no communication to the ECU whatsoever. I asked if they thought the ECU was toast and the said probably not...
Anyone have any ideas? Other than the main engine harness plug not being connected back with the body harness, what would cause this? I'm at a loss at this point... any help would be incredible.

Oh, I should probably add that when the motor initially blew, all power was cut and after I pulled over (without any brakes or steering at 70 mph... not fun) I had tried to start the car and there was no response. No starter, no clicking... nothing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by SENZA PARI; 06-19-2012 at 05:06 PM.
SENZA PARI is offline   Reply With Quote