Old 04-21-2003, 02:44 PM   #3
Xander1281
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5916
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Aspen White

SpeedShift,

I saw your comments in the other thread and I choose not to say anything. But now you open yet another thread trying to justify your disbelief that a dealer would sell the STi for $400 over invoice.

To clear this all up, YES!!!! In Victor, NY we have a dealership that has a no-haggle policy that they are sticking to, even with the STi.

All the posts about Van Bortel Subaru selling the STi for $400 over invoice are true. The kicker is, they do not require a deposit or any commitment of any kind and anyone that knew that the STi might be coming went down there or called and put their name on the list.

As of last month, there were well over 90 people who have asked to be put on the list. Now, Van Bortel is no longer giving out numbers, they are just taking your name and info. When asked how many STi's they think they might get, their guess was about 10 in 2003.

There is another dealership in Webster, NY that is selling the STi at MSRP and require a $500 non-refundable deposit. When I was there last week to get an oil filter they only had 2 people on the list for the STi.

I hope this is clear to you SpeedShift. If you don't believe me (or everyone else) call them. Van Bortel Subaru 1-800-724-8872
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.