Old 06-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #12900
jrands
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 176522
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX hatchback
WRB

Can anyone post up a photo of the headlight adjustment screws?

My headlights when I bought the car seemed to be aimed high which was confirmed by frequently being flashed by oncoming cars. The dealer I took it the first time to take a look at it said that it was set within the legal specifications and that it matched up with the others Imprezas and therefore didn't do anything. I was going to live with that, but got flashed some more that very night and more so since then. Took my car to the another dealer today for them to adjust it (within the legal limits of course) and now they are aimed way too low. Literally cannot see anything beyond 20-25 feet in front of me and that is while driving in the city with a fair amount of ambient light. Can't imagine driving out on a forest road or mountain road at night the way they are aimed right now. Planning on taking it back to the dealer to have it adjusted again, but would be helpful to know where the adjustment screws are located regardless. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: My feeling and based on the cars I've had in the past is that when stopped at a typical distance (2-4 feet) behind a regular sedan, the top of the beam pattern should be at mid-level of the truck of the sedan. As of right now, the top of the beam pattern given my headlights are barely above the bottom of the bumper.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by jrands; 06-27-2012 at 12:42 AM.
jrands is offline   Reply With Quote