Scooby Guru

Member#: 1725
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
99 Subaru Impreza
GF silver

Quote:
Originally posted by tora
Just curious, why did you get the "comfort" bushings?
I've never understood why people get these as the regular bushings seem fine to me (I've got them), are not noisy and are not overly stiff.
bling bling! guilty party here! It was do to my bitching (and a few others) that got Jim to develop the comfort bushing. I was living in San Francisco at the time and the roads are primarily rough concrete with very misaligned expansion joints between the slabs. Sometimes you would get a 2 inch heigth difference between each slab! The Sport bushing would just slam hard against this hard edged surface. They sound and feel like you had no struts and the suspension was bottoming out. Highway reflectors (Botts Dots) felt like massive blocks of concrete on the road. I just loved the performance of the Sports but it was just painful. So thankfully Whiteline whipped these boys up for us in a matter of months and they were the answer to our cadillac-cruiser-butt prayers!

As Slater said, about 85% of the performance and 110% of the comfort. Its just nice to have the option. By all means try out the Sport or even Motorsports version and then say "Aaaaahhhhh" when you try the Comfort version. I would have stayed with the Sport version if the roads were better (like smooth asphalt).

If you are curious to how the Comfort Bushing came to be, search under my name in suspension along with ALK and you'll get the whole huge thread.

BTW Slater, glad you like the Comfort version.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Arnie is offline   Reply With Quote