Scooby Newbie

Member#: 285454
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 LGT stg 2 FMIC
RBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subietonic View Post
mdk - cold-side looks pretty close to the positive battery terminal. Couldn't tell, were you able to keep your coolant overflow tank? How was fitment around the front. Keep the fogs?
yes! the piping does look very close as it is but maybe a CH away. this is due to the lackluster kit ihad purchased on ebay, I literally had to make it work. That pipe was the hardest side upon install, there is a coupler in front of the reservoir and the timing cover that is a PITA!!! i suggest two people install one side each so as not to go insane.. my kit came with missing couplings, no core mounting bracket or prenotched crash beam. I must say it is in, it fits tight and ive checked all the couplings and connections since install abt a mnth ago and everything is tight and good. I had to take out the overflow tank to run the piping and then we were able to drop the tank in after the coupler was tightened down. (air power or an 18v gun works best for those power t bolt clamps) awesome clamps from x02 and the 3 ply couplers werent that bad. One the cold side pipe you can see a rather big blue coupler at the top..thats totaly my custom work because the kit came without that coupler which is crucial. its the only spot were the piping is like 3 or 3.5 inch diameter. i ended up using my avo throttle body hose whice worked out. it does raise the pipe up slightly and i purchased a smaller hump coupler from extreme PSI which i will install if i need to someday. IDK, you work with what you got some times lol. and dont ask about the zipties! and no...this particular kit is known for losing the fogs. you have to cut the fog housing back anyways to get the front bumper back on. Im going to make some custom "pop in" style covers with maybe slits or a projector size hole so u can just see the IC piping. its hard to explain but i didnt care about losing the fogs, i like the look of a car with an FMIC and the lower pipes showing. my kit is the godspeed. racerx engineering and or infamous perfomance sells the racerx front mount which will keep the fogs, has a pre welded BOV flange on the TB pipe and is pretty much bolt and go about double what i paid for my kit..much unlike the x02. oh and the guy that developed my xo2 kit also made the racerx (3 versions by now i beleive) years later..

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by mdksdmf; 07-01-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: ADHD
mdksdmf is offline   Reply With Quote