APM Tuned
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 282460
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Evo-STI
R.R.-WRB

Have you installed this unit yet? If you have and it works then great, WHEN it fails and you can't get the warrantied parts you'd like then remember that it's purchased from an unestablished source.

I've had a couple mishaps with some Tial products making it reluctant for me to run them and now that a couple other companies are making compact units so we've been trying out some other one's as well.

Here's the deal with what you call "stealing" vica, if there isn't a complete patent on something that has copyrights and trademarks then well, there are ways to go around it. They are doing this as a business, the realize that they won't be able to get the same sales as the real unit but they probably have dozens of other products they copy from sources that don't have this legal paperwork in place (mainly because it costs thousands of dollars". I agree with you that morally it's an issue but when you r speaking about business, I know the feeling of having something stolen from you and that's why for a few products we produce and sell, they are through very silent partners and very discrete factories or manufacturers. Our driveshaft was copied once and it came out that a company was producing fraudulent products when the gentleman had a failure and announced to me who had sold the unit to them. With threats they relinquished selling the product using our actual name and have sufficed to producing there own units with still having the same failure points as before because we actually spent the money and time to get it right.

Morally, ebay itself is the scumbag allowing copied parts to be sold through it with knowledge that they are copies (why I quite purchasing anything through eBay back when the "boom" hit in the earlier 2000's) so the real culprit is Ebay because without it, there would be no fraudulent sales of such products.

Just so you guys understand, with Clinton's laws that he passed in the 90's, just because it says "Made in USA" doesn't mean it actually is...take Catipillar, they make products for the company that are overseas and are assembled here still making it "Made in USA", there are more than plenty manufacturers in America doing the same thing. With the new import/export laws that might be in place soon, even knock off Chinese, Japanes, Tawainese and a couple other countries products may actually become almost he same prices as "American" made products.

OP, if your content with the product you purchased then that's great because in the end, it's about you and what you have as a review on a product that you purchased.

Scumbag may have been a bit much and a bit harsh, we don't know the financial situation of the OP nor do we completely know what is thought train is to purchase an Ebay unit (I know you don't mean that he's a scumbag but anyone else could be in the same boat with finances or thoughts of trying something else for "just because").

-Mark
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Phone: (630) 833-8911
Email:

Fill out our online survey for up to $50 off your next order from APM -
APM Tuned is offline   Reply With Quote