Alright sorry it took so long.
Here's pictures of the body kit...
left side is much worse than the right.
these are all left side...
these are all right side.. gas tank is ok, I dont think i'm going to remove it.
Here are all of the tools I plan on using. (not pictured - roloc clean n strip disc)
Matt, I saw in your widebody write up that the car had duct tape holding the panels on, do you think I should go that route rather than trying to use the C-clamps? I really only think that the 18" clamp will fit around the kit and the door....
Here's my thoughts, please let me know what you think.
1. use the clean n strip along all sides of the body kit so that I can see bare metal and exactly where it attaches.
2. Use sharp knife to cut underneath kit and free it from the body (not sure about this step.. might work since kit is coming off a little already...)
3. once entire kit is removed, grind down any rusted metal with roloc clean n strip OR grinding disc (will either work?)
4. smooth out edges of body kit, get paint off around the edges, and clean with my 3m cleaner.
5. mount kit to make sure proper fit (i'm not too worried about this step, it should fit fine, given that not too much is taken off when cleaning.)
6. tape off edge where panel bond will be applied, and apply rust fighter to entire area underneath the body kit.
7. remove tape and begin applying panel bond, smooth out the bead so that it reaches the edge of the area where rust fighter was applied, then place another bead on top.
(I've seen how to's on the application of the panel bond and think i'll be okay with that part.. the only confusing part to me is the rust fighter, in all of the instructions it is applied last which doesn't make sense because the body kit will be covering areas that need it..?)
8. secure body kit to car with either clamps or duct tape.
please let me know what you think and thanks again!