View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #35
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 325234
2012 Impreza Pre CVT

Originally Posted by auskip07 View Post
So you change your own oil and measure it? Im pretty sure my oil consumption is low but no real way to tell unless you measure the oil out vs the oil in. Im guessing you had an oil change at 3k so you are on 2300 on this oil?

I made frequent checks of oil level before I changed it and it remained full. I did my first change at 5140 miles. I know many people may disagree with going so many miles for first interval. However, it is synthetic oil and I live in NC where until only recently have we seen high temperatures. I do not consider these miles to be under severe conditions and followed guidelines proscribed in warranty and maintenance booklet provided by subaru. I broke the car in as recommended. The end of July would be 7 months since i bought the car, I decided it was time to change oil now as summer has set in. Now I intend to change oil every 5000 miles or 7 months which ever occurs first from here out. This is ahead of what Subaru recommends.

Now to answer your question when I drained the oil I checked and approximately 5 quarts drained out. So I put back 5 quarts to be on safe side in it was slightly below full level (1/8-1/16") ran car to normal operating temperature and it now shows full it has remained at this level with approximately 5300 miles now on odometer.

I drained the oil on low profile rhino ramps in my garage. Added 5 quarts pulled car off ramps to level concrete garage floor and preceded as described above.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Impreza1228; 07-11-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Impreza1228 is offline   Reply With Quote