John451
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 321966
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i H
Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza1228 View Post
read somewhere somebody had oil changed and they put wrong oil in and it was reflected on their receipt.
That was me, they put in 10-30 in which I questioned at the time but after confirming the book, oil cap and after finding Subaru Technical printout on the the Web on FB series engines and use the words "Requird" and "Critical" they use 0-20 oil. I returned the next day and demanded they replace it and after a brief discussion with the Service Manager they did. The 0-20 looks and felt lighter than the 10-30 they had used so trust they changed it.

Odd thing I've noticed is there is some white vapour from a cold startup ( at any time of day ) but at this time haven't noticed much oil or water loss at this stage so think it's just water vapour in the exhaust buring off. I did mention it to the Service manager while he was changing to the correct oil but he was non commital as to what it might have been.

Has anyone noticed if the 2012 Impreza is particularly Vapourious on cold startups as my other car ( Ford Fiesta ) doesn't seem to do it when started at the same times ?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
John451 is offline   Reply With Quote