thom52
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309257
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Imp 5D Prem CVT
Marine Blue

Thumbs up Wet Okole seat covers installed

My Wet Okole seat covers finally arrived! Almost exactly 5 week wait for a west coast delivery. This MIGHT have been the first ones they made for this model, pushing the time for delivery, or it might be normal lead time, per their remark "4 weeks of factory time" in a status report.

Are they worth it? If you need/want a high quality, well fitting seat covers, that look good, then these Made in the USA seat covers fill the bill. I am happy with them. And they are competitive pricing compared to other higher quality seat covers.

They are a SNUG fit. Most of the hour to install was snugging them into place. Do not try this on a hot day, it is some work. The fastening seems very secure and was relatively easy, as long as you are able to reach your arms under your front seats. The fastex buckles on nylon straps are relatively easy to click shut and pull tight by feel, without being able to see them.
The neoprene is covered on both sides with fabric, which should improve durability and not chew up your seat under the cover.

I did not remove any of the seat parts or shrouding. One tiny spot only by the driver's side tilt lever was a bit of a funky fit and has a tiny wrinkle. Maybe removing the shroud would avoid that, but its really not noticeable and didn't seem worth any extra effort. (see photo)

This weekend we will be driving around eastern WA (Leavenworth) in muggy heat in the 90's degF. We should know hot weather comfort using these covers after that.

My wife and I really like the color choice. A nice simple gray band in the center. It pops and ties together the imitation brushed chrome trim in the car, ties in with the headliner nicely, and provides enough accent so that the interior of the car doesn't just look like a black hole.

I probably will stick with my $60 cordura nylon covers on my 2003 Honda Element hiking/biking vehicle, because it does work, but the cheap covers do look like crap in comparison and need constant fiddling to keep putting them back into place. And I suppose looking like crap is a benefit at high crime trail heads that we have in the Northwest. But after seeing these....it is tempting.......
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
thom52 is offline   Reply With Quote