Old 07-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
builthatch
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 185105
Vehicle:
2009 C63 AMG
Palladium Silver

Default OTS maps and 08+ STI

i've always had whatever tuned by a well-respected tuner in the northeast. whether high compression or nitrous...i'd usually run a stand alone, typically an Apexi Power FC, and i'd always be tuned on a dynapack with subsequent street tune.

now that i have this new STI, i contacted said tuner, who is a Cobb certified tuner and asked him if he offers e-tuning since it'd be a lot easier than driving several hours to his shop AND i only planned on running a cobb intake (because i like the sounds) and an Apexi RS EVO cat back. he said i don't even need e-tuning...or tuning. i can run an OTS stage 1 +SF map and be a-ok.

i thought these 08+ ecus were much less adaptive than the past gen ecus? i will certainly datalog to make sure nothing strange is occuring and that what is supposed to be happening is indeed happening, but does this jive with what's currently the accepted path? it just feels weird to me to be able to just run an off the shelf map and have it "ok".

second question...how do these +SF tunes react to a simple panel filter change as opposed to running an actual SF intake? is there any course of action with any of the OTS maps for a panel filter change, such as the Apexi "dry" panel filter?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote