Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #40
rxfuel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 261704
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 Evolution
Black Pearl

Update got the car back a day ago, work order states there were a lot of parts replaced, the description page states

Customer states that there is a rough idle. usually bogs down from 2000-25000 RPMS. States temp gauge fluctuates. Confirmed customer concern found vehicle overheating found hydrocarbons in coolant. Removed both heads found both gaskets leaking internally and heads out of spec. Replaced both cylinder head gaskets and all related items. sent to machine shop for resurfacing.

Looks like they also replaced the thermostat and thermostat gasket. I will try and load the parts page up to show all the parts replaced. So far the car feels better, idle is stronger, temp gauge hasn't shown any fluctuation. But the whole issue is concerning that after 30k miles an issue this severe occured. I don't abuse my car at all, my only real mods are a short throw with bushings and spt exhaust, check and change my fluids regularly. Just a little unusual to happen in a car with this low miles with no prior problems.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rxfuel is offline   Reply With Quote