Originally Posted by explosivo
basically my heat exchanger motor keeps overheating. Had the motor and the start capacitor replaced, but the motor keeps overheating. Looks like the original motor was a .9 amp 1/5hp 825 RPM and the new one is 1/5th hp 1075 RPM 1.7 amp. Could this be causing issues??
Also is it a dual or single capacitor for compresser and fan ? Or individual for the fan motor. Also check to see if you have the proper mfd, if you don't have the correct mfd, being over or under could cause it to overheat, just another thing I thought of. I don't physically work on A/c units but if you need someone to check it out I have a few people at work that could take a look if needed.