Old 07-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #62
em99sport
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 172670
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2011 STI 5-door
2013 F150 Ecoboost

Since stickies are separated on the mobile format, I just now saw this thread.

All in all, I had a blast. The east course was a ton of fun, especially for me having never participated in an HPDE or track school. I was driving 04trailsti's car, and it felt quite comfortable stretching it's legs through the two dips (fourth gear!).

The demo rides were cool, and for the most part, I appreciated the laid-back nature of the event. It was a nice break from points events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chkltcow View Post
The cones were NEVER right on the east course. Every single run, something was out of place. The results are going to be all over the place because we ran a different course pretty much every single lap.
I was pretty frustrated with that myself, and I also had issues with the west course, too. Seeing pointer cones misaligned in a three gate crossover tends to cost one a bit of their mid-run focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chkltcow View Post
I had a good time and I'd love to do something like this again, but next year.... make us work! The guy running grid had absolutely no clue what he was doing... NO concept of 2-driver cars... and when I tried to offer him advice on how to make it run better I got into a shouting match with him.
I agree about working - I would much rather just suck during a work assignment and know that course layout is consistent and scoring is accurate.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
em99sport is offline   Reply With Quote