Scooby Newbie

Member#: 261241
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2014 C63 AMG
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbowler003 View Post
I just recently bought a 2006 2.5i that had a salvaged title and very low miles. The only thing that I hate about the car is that it is an automatic, I would love to swap it over to a 5-speed wrx. But, I'm not sure if this is even possible or how much money and time it would take to be able to do this. Do you have any idea if it is possible and if so, how much it would cost?
Yo man,

Check out my response on the first page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radd269 View Post
Auto to manual is normally not too hard to do, but I honestly have no Idea on how hard it'll be with an '08/10 body. I used to own a 1995 Infinity G20, that I converted to a SR20DET/Manual from the Automatic and it was relatively simple. BUT DO RESEARCH ON THE AUTO TO MANUAL CONVERSION BEFORE YOU BLOW YOUR MONEY on the swap and feel violated.
Same response to you too. I have no Idea how much it costs. Research Auto-to Manual swaps before cannon-balling head first into the conversion pool.

A grrrreat company to call is ECS Performance (East Coast Swappers). They do all kinds of conversions, and provide REALLY good advice for free. (THEY HAVE A HOTLINE!) I would check with them to see what's required to do a Auto-to-manual swap.

Good luck tho!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
radd269 is offline   Reply With Quote