View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #2849
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 170489
Chapter/Region: SCIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNORTH View Post
hey guys i have some questions a buddy and i are lookin into building a baja ready forester what kind of suspension travel can we get out of that chassis? Im trying to avoid the typical yota/jeep that everyone does
About 6 years ago some guys tried it in a bugeye........

They made it 78 miles and broke a clutch master cylinder. But up until then they we're doing really good. I guess it was easy with the AWD to pass cars in the silt. Not sure if they ever tried again.

Doing it in a Forester would be cool though. You'd have more room for spares. There was a forester that ran Dakar rally, but it was more of just a silhouette of a Forester,

Very little of the car that rolled off the assembly line.

At any rate, I think you could build a car that would make it on the stock suspension pick up points. You'd have to reinforce them pretty heavily, and use tubular arms and links. Dampers would be a big part of making it to the end. You could use suspension off a group N Impreza and run longer springs.

Anyway, I think it's doable. I know you guys are in the "thinking about it" phase, but I will be daydreaming about Baja ready Fozzy's for the rest of the day now lol. Let me know if you guys need anything for it, I'd like to help prep it, even if it's just for stage rally for now.

What year is it by the way?

-Anthony
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote