Member#: 220799
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX
WRC Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Agreed completely

FFS should be good to have,but still i'm not convinced to use on the H-pattern box,do you have experience using this on the H-pattern box?

Jura
Jura, I have been running FFS for long time on the 6spd. H-pattern without any ill affects. You can set it up very conservative which means that you do not have to FORCE a shift to get it done in time.

For a conservative setup you should set the Gearcut request times as long as possible with the function enabled that the Gearcut request will be cleared as soon as the Gearcut request is undone. This way you can "Granny FFS" the box but also very fast just depending on when you release the clutch pedal. (max. time = 1sec. which is more than enough!)

You can then use a combination of Fuel cut (75% or more I recommend) and also mix in a Ignition Retard (10 to 20*) depending on how fast you want the TQ to fade out. If TQ fall off is still too slow with all that you could mix in a Ignition Cut (25-50%)

DO NOT USE IGNITION CUT ONLY!! But if you do make sure you have somebody videotape it and send me a copy

If you need help setting up shoot me a PM and I'll give you my email address so you can shoot me over your CAL. file.

Cheers,

Jasper Kopinga
CS Racing
Taiwan.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jkopinga is offline   Reply With Quote