| AN EVEN BIGGER UPDATE |
So, it wouldn't start and wasn't getting spark so we had to take the ignition system down to individual pieces, clean everything, and re-time the system. After doing this, we were able to get it to sputter to life only briefly using ether.
After that, I realized that we had only put a very small amount of gas in the tank for preliminary checks and such. We put more gas in and it cranked right away like it was run yesterday or something. It turned over on the second revolution of the starter, no complaints. I am utterly stunned that this project has been going so well.
(the smoke is from dad putting oil in the cylinders last fall to make sure that the motor didn't dry start after sitting for so long)
So yeah...it runs great, idles, revs alright and everything. Next on the list is a journey to the bottom of the car.