italia490
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308742
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
Please describe the performance gain from the ECM flash. Low end torque? Or would that require a turbo? And what was the price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerHazen View Post
Nice. So far I haven't been able to take pictures of my car. I like the muffler delete but with the pre cut section in the bumper, I too would think something was missing. This is my first car and first modification opportunity. So, I don't fully understand the ecu flash and all that goes along with it. Would you mind explaining it? Is it a diy job or more difficult? Thank you much.
The ECM flash was performed by the dealer. I have the 5 speed and this is what I was experiencing:

The closest comparison I can think of would be like having a super heavy flywheel. If you let out the clutch and give it gas, it takes second or two to build momentum and then it seems fine, although I did notice a bit of hesitation between shifts which is now gone after the new update. Prior to the update, when I was stopped at a light for example, I would have to increase the revs to about 2k for the car to accelerate properly. If not, and this happened on a number of occasions, all the lights on the dash would come on as if the car was going to stall.

The car feels stronger and pulls harder off the line. If we could tune our cars, low to mid torque could be improved but of course, there isn't a whole lot of support for our non turbo cars.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
italia490 is offline   Reply With Quote