NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 129681
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Ltd CVT
GBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
Yeah I wasn't sure what I was supposed to clamp when I did the bulletproof mod. Thanks for clearing that up man, have to do that sometime soon I suppose!! Any way you could get a pic of the engine bay and highlight where these hoses are that needed to be clamped?? Thanks man!
Actually, this is explained in the first post here. Once the TMIC is off you can just follow the hose from the BPV to the other end. One of the reasons that little bugger doesn't have a bunch of pictures floating around is because it is virtually hidden down at the bottom of the back side of the IM, under a bunch of... stuff. It is much easier to follow the hose while it is still attached, as opposed to trying to find where the hose goes when your car is barely running and you finally take the TMIC off, find a loose hose, and don't know where it goes.

Also, that is just one of the many that can/will fail and cripple/kill your car.

Here is one thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ipple+BPV+hose

Quote:
Hoses on the T fitting

Hose loose that goes from the T to the intake manifold nipple, off at the nipple

Hose that goes to the MAP sensor came off at the sensor

Hose that connects the MAP sensor to the intake manifold nipple

ALL these problems are the result of Subaru's use of nipples without barbs.

The intake manifold nipple for the T is on the backside and hard to see. The intake manifold nipple for the MAP sensor is on the front and also not easily seen. The nipple ON the MAP sensor points straight down, has no barb either, and easily comes off.
Not mentioned there is the FPR sense line, add that, it's the one that can destroy an engine if it blows off.

If you see a little hose and it doesn't have a clamp, put one on. That's far better than a crippled car that forces you to work on it now, or worse.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SeeeeeYa is offline   Reply With Quote