View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
Vorshlag
Former Vendor

Member#: 305763

(continued from above due to 10 image limit)

Below you can see the under-fender patch work that is involved with any rear fender flare job that alters the unibody tub for wide tire clearance at full bump. Cutting, patching, welding, hammering, seam sealing, painting. Not glorious work anyone will ever see. Using the patches Ryan and Cameron had made I tack welded these in place this morning before the gang arrived. MIG welding is fine for these panels (great, since I personally can't TIG weld), which have a bit of an overlap to the chassis panels (for strength and ease of welding). We'll grind the welds down a bit and smear every line with seam sealer, than paint it.

The inspiration for these box flares came from our little E30, which sold last weekend. Left rear fender work shown at its first stages below also.

Here's more of Ryan's work, showing how he tied up the rear of the fender sections back into the body. Cameron with the assist.

Still have a lot of grinding to do, plus my least favorite - body filler and paint. Gonna come in early tomorrow and get crackin!

see part 4 below
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vorshlag is offline   Reply With Quote