Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #38
Vlad
Scooby Guru

Member#: 46135
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Sti V9 Spec C

I have run an exhaust housing from them on my EVOIII 16G, am running now a twinscroll housing on the same tubo, have run many actuators from them, installation kits and have had a rebuild kit from Kamak for a 16g.

They make quality product.
I have reviewed with measurements every component in the rebuild kit from Kamak and will try to post the link here.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ak+rebuild+kit

Back in the earlier days, when there were postings from FP and Blouch on the forums on a weekly basis, they were throwing lines at eachother regarding components in their MHI tubo line-up, being or not being original. There was stuff about how to ID an original MHI compressor wheel by the color, etc.
These turbo assemblers (and makers now, as far as billet wheels), use components that they... source, for housings, actuators, turbine&shaft, etc. Not always are said components MHI.
If they are not MHI, how do you know that these components don't .... also come from an Asian Warehouse, where Kamak is sourcing them?

Consider that the Japanese manufacturers, such as MHI, are starting to also outsource their labor outside of Japan...

The only thing that makes a product quality these days is quality control, origin means nothing. There is every indication (for me) that Kamak has good quality control.
Which doesn't mean that other "ebay turbos" are any good.
What I've seen and read was that Kamak turbos are sold as: Kinugawa and Kando Dynamic.
My items shipped from a warehouse in Taiwan.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote